Assisted Dog Walking Support Staff Required
We're looking for somebody to join the team.
Job Title: Assisted Dog Walking Support Worker
Contract Type: Casual
Hours Required: Monday to Friday between 11am and 3pm.
Rate of Pay: £8.50 per hour
Essential: Two years experience working with vulnerable adults as well as extensive experience with and knowledge of dogs.
What does the role involve? We need somebody to help grow our assisted dog walking service. The role involves supporting people (aged 16+) who attend Barks & Recreation to safely walk the dogs that we spend our day with. On occasions when there is nobody to support you would be required to walk the dogs by yourself (we'll give you a waterproof jacket though, just in case)
We are looking for somebody who is available between 11am and 3pm, Monday to Friday. While the role may start small (one hour per day, four days per week) it is hoped it will grow substantially. The role may be ideal for parents of children who attend school, part-time shift-workers or those who have taken retirement.
Due to the nature of the role a full clean UK driving license is required. A DBS check will be required prior to starting the role, of which the full cost will be reimbursed following six months of employment.
We are real living wage employers - which refers to the real living wage set by the Living Wage Foundation. The real living wage is currently £8.25 per hour for anybody living outside of London.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Support an individual to walk a dog appropriately and safely at the time requested by the owner.
- Follow risk assessments in place and perform an ongoing assessment of risk to ensure the person, dog, other dogs, yourself and the public are kept safe at all times.
- Informally educate the individual you're supporting around appropriate dog safety and other areas of dog care.
- Photograph daily each walk and record anything of note such as dog behaviour, location of walk, other dogs met and any issues or concerns.
- You may be required to provide additional household duties at the start or end of the walk such as placing towels in the washing machine, watering plants or feeding other household pets.
- You may on occasion be required to take part in promotional activities related to the role such as giving out leaflets or attending community events.
List is a sample of the main responsibilities and is not exhaustive.
Applicants are asked to email their CV with personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org